Amelia was moved up five floors to the regular peds floor around 5 p.m. She's seems to be doing well on less meds--still resting comfortably, and she even nursed a while ago. Some of the swelling around her eyes has moved down to the lower part of her face, but she still can't open them yet. I also now have some "sympathy swelling" in my ankles and feet as only a mother can. :)
I'm feeling pretty exhausted and a bit overwhelmed without the help of the wonderful people in the PICU--so Brian decided to make a bed of blankets on the floor and stay here with us tonight. What a great dad.
She's stirring, better sign off now.
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Just remember a couple of things during this tough time,
1st, she will have no memory of any of this, but you will have a lifetime of, "do you know what we went through for you?"
2nd, I wish I didn't have to know this, but from an adult perspective oxycodone (percecet) is often a better pain killer because it doesn't make you feel as itchy and heavy, so this could go a long way in helping her feel like she can move a bit more, the more she moves, the more the swelling will decrease.
3rd, lack of sleep can take a toll on the emotions too, so keep that in mind when you feel "over" emotional about the little things
last, God knows our hearts prayers when we are too tired or spent to even know the words to pray.
Kat
I'm so glad you've made it through this "peak" day, and pray that you see a notably decrease in her swelling tomorrow. Thank you for keeping us updated through this blog, we have rejoiced in hearing all the good news! We will continue to pray for Amelia's quick healing and your sustainment.
Michelle and Mike
I have been thinking about you and praying for you. I will be praying for a good night tonight and for the swelling to subside quickly.
Miss Pam
(Owen's Teacher)
Praying everyone had a restful nights sleep.
Chantel
I'm praying for strength for you today.
---Rachel
Brian and Wesley - I am a friend of your parents (Nancy and Bill) from Round Hill. I've been following your blog and my kids and I have been praying for all of you. I have been praying that the Lord will truly be your strength through all of this. He is our healer and loves us all so very much.
Donna Gicker
Post a Comment