Thursday, September 6, 2007

Surgery is ON for tomorrow!

Whew! What a morning it's been...

Got a call from the scheduler this morning just as I was about to take Owen's first day of school pictures. (Nice timing!) She told me the verdict for tomorrow is a NO. I took a deep breath (I had prepared myself for this) and reiterated that we would just set our sights on Oct 5th. She then hit me with the fact that actually neurosurgery had NOT saved that date and so we have no OR availability. No date.

I took the kids to school where and afterwards I shed some tears and prayed with some friends there at the school. (Thank you for them, Lord).

Came home. Fed Amela. Made some phone calls, trying to figure out how this all happened and how we can get a new date... I started typing the update for the blog... :( The phone rings and it's Kelly (that's the OR scheduler's name). She's laughing and says, "Wesley, I don't know what you did, but Amelia is back on for tomorrow!" She told us to bring her in for a pre-op this afternoon at 2.

As I am typing...Kelly calls to tell me more good news: Amelia is going to be the first case, 7:30 a.m. tomorrow.

We'll update with more specifics tonight after her pre-op... YAY!!!

Update 12:30 What really happened... I just spoke with Susan, Dr. Perry's nurse (pediatric neurosurgeon). Dr Perry's case for tomorrow was cancelled due to an infection in that child. This opened up the O.R. and made him available to do Amelia's case! While we rejoice at an opening for Amelia, we also pray for that family as we know firsthand the disappointment they are feeling right now.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Wesley, I am so excited and thankful! What a testimony that God truly does hear our prayers and respond to our requests in love. We will be praying for and remembering you all tomorrow. I hope the kids have had a good first week of school! So glad we got a chance to hang out last weekend!

Anonymous said...

You don't know me but my husband Bob works at Labcorp and forward me Brian's email so just read the blog. Wanted you to know we're praying for a successful surgery for Amelia with minimum discomfort and quick healing and peace for your family,
In Christ,
Tracy Poole

Brad & Stacey said...

Praise God for his perfect timing and faithfulness...
we are praying for all of the transitions that your family is going through, Amelia's surgery tomorrow and maybe even for you to get a little sleep tonight!:)

We love you very much and will be lifting all of you up!

Bart said...

Great News.

We will pray for you all tomorrow morning!

kc said...

Praise God!!

Dave! said...

Sweet news. We'll pray & wait for sweeter still.