I called the O.R. scheduler a few minutes ago just to ask if she had any sense for whether Amelia's surgery would NOT be happening on Friday. (I would have restrained myself from calling, except my mom is flying up tomorrow and I wanted to let her know if she should still come.) So her answer was that she really won't know until Thursday morning. Then she said, "I can tell you this: it's not looking good. But I'm doing the best I can."
So what your telling me is that it probably won't happen, but there's a chance it will?
Unlikely, but still possible?
We're not closing the book on this one yet?
Never say never?
Pretty much.
There are plenty of stories in the Bible when something that was UNLIKELY to happen happened because of the power of God. And there are plenty of stories where God allowed things to happen and did not intervene.
That brings me back to the question of how I should pray when things are "not looking good". All I can come up with is "Lord, help me to trust you." Is it ill-advised to hope for what we want in a situation like this? I don't think so. Do I have a right to be disappointed if what is "unlikely" doesn't happen? Not really. Can I take all of this to the throne of God? Yes!
So please, as you wonder with us over the next few days what is or isn't going to happen on Friday, just take it to God. Carry Amelia before His throne and pray as you feel led. Your prayers mean SO MUCH to us in the midst of this uncertainty.
And while you're prayin', say one for Amelia's big sister and brother too! Mya's first day of kindergarten is tomorrow and Owen will have his first day of preschool on Thursday. Whatever happens with Amelia, it's a big week around here! :)
Love to all. I won't post again until I have an answer.
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment