We debated whether or not to put this picture out there as it might be unsettling to some of you (we have sort of gotten used to seeing Amelia look like this since yesterday). Brian said, "She just looks like she's got on a lot of eye shadow and a bonnet." Her eyes have swollen shut which means when she wakes up she will probably be really mad and may get agitated again. Pray that she can settle down enough to really nurse when she wakes up. That will help to comfort her as well as fill her hungry belly.
The fact that I (Wesley) am posting means that she has settled down for the moment. Her breathing is still a little labored, but some of the meds they have given her have allowed her to calm down and sleep a bit. I also got to take a shower, if you can believe that. ;)
Please let Brian's previous post and this picture inform your prayers for Amelia today. The nurse said she will be in the PICU for another 24 hours because last night was so rough. We're fine with that because there is a 2:1 nurse to patient ratio here. Also the "Grey's Anatomy" types just made their rounds this morning, discussing Miss Amelia's case. :)
Thank you for all your prayers. The nearness of Jesus to us in these moments is very tangible. The hymn playing right now reminds me...
Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will turn strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace
We could never endure this, Amelia could never endure this without Jesus.

11 comments:
Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Psalm 62:5,6 Find rest,O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
we're praying.
Wes & Brian- my flip calendar for today said "We never know the love of a parent until we become a parent." Jenry Ward Beecher
Isn't that true? But isn't it truer that God is truly the perfect parent- praise Him that we don't have to do it alone! My parents are following the blog too, and we are all praying for you guys- including your Mom (Wes) at home w/ Mya and Owen- love you much- Elise (and family) xoxoxo
She looks beautiful.
Wesley, with that bonnet she's the "Queen of Mt. Seen-Seen"! I love the picture, and I agree that she looks beautiful. I just asked Charlie who it is and he said "Baby Ya Ya". Our prayers are with you all day.
love, aimee and the other zaps
She does look beautiful! I'm happy to see her sweet face and SO glad everything is going so well. We'll all be thinking of you all day and look forward to more great updates. Love you guys!
Helen for Helen, Chase, Trish, D.G., Danny, Anna and baby Daniel
Brian & Wesley, thanks for opening your hearts and life to us! We love you guys and especially Amelia. Praying for a very speed recovery, Brad
We are all praying today. A verse in Colossians is particularly on my mind: "For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me." (1:29)
I pray that you have HIS energy today. Much much love,
Kristin
O Love that wilt not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.
O light that followest all my way,
I yield my flickering torch to thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in thy sunshine’s blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.
O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.
O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be.
Hi Brian and Wesley,
I just want to say how much I admire your strength and dedication. Amelia has amazing parents. My thoughts and prayers are with Amelia as she gets better. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Love,
Derek (Nikolas & Tyler)
We love you and have been praying for Amelia and you both.
Thanks for keeping those of us far away updated and making us aware of how we can specifically pray.
AmyCaroline for all the Wilks
We continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Take comfort that the Lord is filling Amelia with health and strength at this very moment. -Frank S.
Wesley & Brian - Thank you for sharing this picture with us as well as your thoughts and amazing strength. We too think she looks beautiful!! Maybe someday Amelia and Reagan can meet and compare matching hats! :) Take comfort in the fact that Amelia KNOWS you are with her and that the love and faith that you have surrounded her with will be with her always. You will remain in our thoughts and prayers. -- Rachel Brill & Family
Post a Comment