Friday, September 7, 2007

Noon Update

About 11 o'clock we called the nurse to see if they had any info on Amelia and they said it had taken them a long time to get the lines in (for anesthesia) and that the surgery itself was really just getting started. Not sure why it took so long except for chubby arms and tiny veins...but they assured us that she is doing fine. She was just taking a really long nap (head intact) while all of that was going on. As I'm typing we just got a call from the OR nurse saying that they are about an hour into the surgery and that she is doing great. Thanks for the prayers and notes as we wait...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleep well, sweet thing. God loves you.

Anonymous said...

Wesley & Brian,

You and the family are in our constant thoughts and prayers. Thank you for setting up this blog. It's a great way to stay in touch.

Love to all of you,

Tammy, John, Jamie and Tommy

Anonymous said...

still here thinging and praying

Chantel

Anonymous said...

I mean thinking:)

Chantel

Rick said...

Hi Wes and Brian,

I'm glad to hear Amelia went into the OR without any tears. By now (1:00) she's probably almost done with surgery. I know she's calm under her anesthetic, and I hope you are calm, too, under the loving care of God's Holy Spirit. I am praying ardently for all of you.

Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

We pray that the Holy Spirit continues to surround our sweet grand-niece Amelia, her family, and her medical team with love and grace. Wesley, thanks so much for this wonderful blog to keep us informed on Amelia's surgery.

Love and blessings,
Aunt Sharyn (and Uncle Bob)

Anonymous said...

I am LeeAnne Paulakonis's mom...I think the picture is absolutely beautiful ! I pray you ALL rest well tonight and the swelling quickly resolves..."My soul waits in silence for God ONLY;My salvation is from Him. He ONLY is my rock and my salvation ,my stronghold; I SHALL NOT BE GREATLY SHAKEN ! " Psalm 62...Love and prayers, Linda Britt