Earlier tonight Amelia was able to open her left eye! It was just a little bit--enough to recognize Mommy and Daddy making faces at her and respond with a quick grin. Brian said she also caught a giimpse of Monday night football which he had on mute. :) Her right eye was only able to open a tiny slit, but trying so hard! She has had more moments of pleasant wakefulness--cuddling with Mommy, being kissed and tickled by Daddy, holding on to her little silver rattle, and finding comfort from nursing. Afterward she gets cranky and it takes a good bit of effort to get her to settle down for a nap. (She also weighs so much more right now because of her swelling that Wesley should have some serious "guns" by the time she goes home).
Praises from today:
- congestion has tapered off
- swelling has decreased some
- eyes can peek!
I would write more but I am literally falling asleep whie I type...
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a wonderful update! We are all so thrilled to hear that she got to see you all (and the football game) for a bit. I'm sure that gave her so much relief too.
We will continue to pray AND praise God for Amelia's progress.
love, aimee, danny and charlie
Praising the Lord with you in these answers to prayer. Get some much needed rest and I will be checking on the progress tomorrow! Maybe you will see TWO beautiful eyes smiling back at you.
love,
Brooke Owen
I can see it now...SHE will be able to open her eyes and see you, but you will be asleep!
We are praying for rest and for peace as the reality of 'home' approaches.
blessings and rest,
Carrie
Post a Comment