Amelia is OK, but it hasn't been a perfect night... heart rate has been a bit high and she also has had bouts of wrestling and crying... probably a wide combination of discomfort, hunger, swelling, and not being in her typical environment. The crying and earlier irritation from her breathing tube has likely caused some inflammation in her throat, so she's having some raspy, labored breathing. She certainly quieted down after a low dose of sedatives, but the physician is not inclined to do more on that front because she really was konked out. Wesley is holding her and singing quietly right now, which is working well. Amelia's facial swelling has increased a good bit too, which is to be expected. Please pray this morning:
a. that the staff would best determine how to layer in the meds
b. that Amelia's throat would clear
c. that her heart rate would come down a bit
d. that she would settle and get good rest
e. that she would begin to nurse at the right time
f. for us to keep persevering; I had a little under 4 hrs. of sleep and Wes had about 1.5 hrs.
Isaiah 40 has been a comfort to me between 4 and 6am this morning. Verse 11 in particular reminds me/us:
"He tends his flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those who have young."
Jesus has, without a doubt, been our gentle Shepherd.
BW
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I hope that the way everything seems worse at night holds true for you & Amelia & that she is doing better now. Thank you for the specific prayer requests and for updating us.
Love, Juliet
p.s. Wesley: I hope you've gotten a chance to eat something with good staying power. As I was thinking about it, I had this flashback "I don't just eat pierogies because they taste good but because they really perform."
Hey Brian and Wes -- you know that we've all been praying for you, as well as a good number of friends I've emailed. We are thrilled the surgery is over and was successful. I've forwarded an email to your home address from Rachel that I thought would give additional comfort (although it's rather irrelevant at this point) about how they couldn't get Reagan's lines in either and the surgery was delayed for several hours. Anyway, we love you all and are still praying! Love, Steph
Post a Comment