updates for family and friends about our daughter's craniofacial surgery
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Amelia at Home
Here are some pictures of Amelia's afternoon at home with our family. Too tired to write much, but the pictures speak for themselves: We have our sweet girl back! :) Drs. said the general swelling that remains around her head will be completely gone in a week to ten days.
There are no words adequate for my joy that Amelia is safe at home. God has been powerfully and lovingly present for her and for both of you throughout this ordeal. I am deeply grateful to God, and extremely proud of you, for seeing Amelia through these difficult days. May God now bless all of you with LOTS of rest.
Great Pictures!! We all prayed for Amelia today in the "Ducklings Class" at preschool. I am so happy for you and I know you are thrilled to be home together with all your sweet family! I know that God will continue to bless Amelia and all of you during this time of healing.
So glad you all are home and sleeping in your own beds! Abby was so excited to see her with her eyes open! We'll still keep praying! Love to you all! Stacey
Hahahaaaa!! What a great looking family. We're both giddy seeing these pictures. So, the doctor said the swelling in her head will subside, but presumably those chubby thighs will be sticking around for a while! We love love LOVE you!!! Now stop reading these comments and go to sleep. love, aimee and dan
As I thank God for bringing sweet Amelia through surgery and now home, I also thank Him for her Mommy and Daddy who allowed us to walk with them through the entire journey, leading up to and including the surgery.
God's faithfulness and your vulnerability through it have ministered to so many. Thank you.
I am sooo Happy, so glad to see her eyes open, she must of had a blast being around her family again!!! THank You Jesus for getting them threw this, be with the sewlling in Amelias head and I pray that everyone had a restful night!!!
I have been checking your web site daily and praying for you guys. I am Rachel, Dave Weaver's wife. I enjoyed talking to the both of you at the reunion. God is good.
Congratulations on being home sweet home again. I will continue to pray for Amelia. she looks great and I am sure she is as happy to be home as you are. I will pray for rest. thank you for letting us travel this journey with you. It has ministered to me.
In March 2007 our daughter was born with a medical condition called "craniosynostosis" in which the front suture of her skull was prematurely fused. This required her to have a cranial vault reconstruction at six months of age, in September of 2007.
The purpose of this blog was to share our journey with friends and family and it was such a gift to be connected to everyone in the midst of her surgery and recovery. Amelia is doing wonderfully now, and we are so thankful to the Lord for His great faithfulness through her surgery and beyond.
Thanks for reading her story! Since the blog is in reverse chronological order, it may help to click on the links below.
If you are a friend or family member who would like access to our private family blog, please email me and I'll send you an invitation.
10 comments:
There are no words adequate for my joy that Amelia is safe at home. God has been powerfully and lovingly present for her and for both of you throughout this ordeal. I am deeply grateful to God, and extremely proud of you, for seeing Amelia through these difficult days. May God now bless all of you with LOTS of rest.
Much love,
Dad
Great Pictures!! We all prayed for Amelia today in the "Ducklings Class" at preschool. I am so happy for you and I know you are thrilled to be home together with all your sweet family! I know that God will continue to bless Amelia and all of you during this time of healing.
Miss Pam
So glad you all are home and sleeping in your own beds! Abby was so excited to see her with her eyes open! We'll still keep praying!
Love to you all!
Stacey
Hahahaaaa!! What a great looking family. We're both giddy seeing these pictures. So, the doctor said the swelling in her head will subside, but presumably those chubby thighs will be sticking around for a while! We love love LOVE you!!!
Now stop reading these comments and go to sleep.
love, aimee and dan
As I thank God for bringing sweet Amelia through surgery and now home, I also thank Him for her Mommy and Daddy who allowed us to walk with them through the entire journey, leading up to and including the surgery.
God's faithfulness and your vulnerability through it have ministered to so many. Thank you.
I am sooo Happy, so glad to see her eyes open, she must of had a blast being around her family again!!! THank You Jesus for getting them threw this, be with the sewlling in Amelias head and I pray that everyone had a restful night!!!
Love you guys
Chantel
I have been checking your web site daily and praying for you guys. I am Rachel, Dave Weaver's wife. I enjoyed talking to the both of you at the reunion. God is good.
She is beautiful!!!!!
What a beautiful, happy family!! Enjoy some well-deserved rest. We love you guys!
Congratulations on being home sweet home again. I will continue to pray for Amelia. she looks great and I am sure she is as happy to be home as you are. I will pray for rest. thank you for letting us travel this journey with you. It has ministered to me.
love,
Brooke Owen
So glad that things are going well! I've been praying for a blanket of peace to be wrapped around her head.
Laurie
Post a Comment