Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Thanks for asking...

Many people have been asking if there is any news about Amelia's surgery, but we are truly in a holding pattern until next Thursday when we will find out whether or not an O.R. is available on the 7th. It's even hard for me to know how to pray, but it usually goes something like this, "Lord, it would be really wonderful if Amelia would be able to have her surgery next Friday, and we are asking you to provide an O.R. and to keep her healthy in that case. But I have seen time and again, your ways are not my ways. Help me to trust you."

As much as I want Amelia's surgery to be done on Sept. 7th, I have to be careful not to put my hope in that specific date, but in Jesus. Hebrews 11 says that faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. I am NOT sure that her surgery will take place next Friday, but I am CERTAIN that the God who came to redeem a broken world has it in mind to heal our baby girl and see her whole and complete whether that be in September, October or on the day she sees His face in heaven. It's only the timing that's up in the air...

Psalm 31:14-15 But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, "You are my God." My times are in your hands.

In your prayers for us, thank God that He has kept Amelia healthy since her cold, and ask Him to make a way for her surgery to take place at just the right time. Thanks so much for your prayers and support! We promise to update you all as soon as we know something next week...

No comments: