Monday, August 6, 2007

Hope Deferred

No news on a surgery date today.

I have made calls to the new case manager (our original case manager is leaving UNC) and to the OR scheduler, and I have no answers on a new surgery date. I expressed to both of them my hope that the surgery could be rescheduled sometime this month, before Mya and Owen start school--expecting that a whole army of germs will be entering our household once they do.

My conversation with the OR scheduler was disappointingly familiar--she told me she is waiting to hear back from neurosurgery. (This was the person I pestered weekly for months until we finally secured our Aug 3rd date). I asked if she could give me a ballpark date and she said AT LEAST September because Dr. van Aalst already has cases booked ahead of us in August.

Meanwhile Owen and Mya keep asking me if they are allowed to kiss Amelia yet.

So here's my verse for today: Proverbs 13:12
Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.

Let me just be honest and say I think this whole thing STINKS....the colds, the decision to postpone, the waiting, wondering, and worrying...The first half of that verse pretty much sums it up. At least I know God gets it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are sooo right honey, it does stink,but remember they told you that Amelia would be a priority. What does the scheduler know anyway.
Praying for you. love, mom

3kidmom said...

I am so sorry the surgery was postponed and will be praying they give you some definitive answers soon.
AmyCaroline

Anonymous said...

We were so sorry to hear about the delay! I pray that you will soon see your longing for a healed child fulfilled.

By the way, she is looking so beautiful! I see a lot of her brother and father in those lovely eyes and impish grin. We have a very similar picture of Gillian at 6 months sucking her toe in a light pink dress, too, I think! A sure sign of greatness. Thanks for putting together the website.

Love,
Marnie