Between changing diapers, getting kids dressed and feeding Amelia I managed to call the case manager (Dr. Van Aalst's assistant, Kim) and ask what is going on. She said she knows I have made plans around the 3rd and would call me back. A few minutes later I got a call from Dr. Van Aalst himself and the first thing he did was apologize. He said that Amelia's care is his number one priority. He then went on to explain that he is NOT leaving town, but has another obligation in town on that Friday (I was too chicken to put him on the spot and ask him, but I will ask his Kim when she calls me again). He said he contacted the OR scheduler to see if he could do the surgery on Thursday afternoon, but if that is not possible then the Friday surgery still stands. He assured me that it will take place either Thursday or Friday of next week.
Still pray for the details of changes in pre-ops, my mom's ability to get here Wed instead of Thurs, and obviously for the surgery date to be finalized.
I will update again soon. Keep the prayers coming--they are working!!!
Friday, July 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
and hey, if prayers stop working we can always round up a posse to go over and beat him up.
praying for you guys this morning (and taking some steroids, just in case).
I'm so glad to hear that things seem to be falling into place. I know this must be a stresful turn of events. We're praying for you guys and esp Amelia!
Post a Comment