A few minutes ago I received a call from the OR scheduler that Dr. Van Aalst will have to leave town next Friday August 3rd--Amelia's surgery date. Her surgery cannot take place on that day. She did not give me any explanation as why and I don't think she knows herself. She is going to be working hard to try to re-schedule the surgery for Thursday August 2nd--but this depends on a number of factors including OR availability and surgeon's schedules, not to mention re-scheduling the pre-op appointment. Dr Van Aalst will not be back in town until August 20th. I will be contacting Dr. Van Aalst's assistant as soon as I have a moment to try to make sense of this.
I feel like I have been kicked in the stomach.
Brian and I talked and he reminded me that God has Amelia's best in mind and He knew this was coming...
Please pray that we would get the surgery date that is best for Amelia, whether August 2nd or otherwise, and that we would continue to find our strength in the Lord.
Friday, July 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment